Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November 14, 2016

This week was crazy, but wonderful! 

We were able to visit a lot of investigators and are able to work more and more with the members! 

 Sister Pereira and I. We arrived here together four months ago and are both training a new sisters
 My new companion, Sister Muniz, and I

We were talking with one on our investigators who had cried during sacrament meeting on Sunday. She said her friend who was already a member was asking why she was crying and she said something like ``Are you even listening to what people are saying! It is so beautiful! I know that the things people are testifying of are true! 

One Wednesday it rained A LOT!!! We were walking on the sidewalk and a huge bus passed and we got sprayed with water (Like in movies where a car passes and the people get completely soaked). It was exactly like that. We were soaked! 

We taught another woman this week who realized how much she really needs the Gospel! We told her of how living the Gospel will bless her life and she is so excited to come to church and learn more! 

We were walking from the edge of the boundary which is quite far and we decided we would call an investigator to see if she was home before we walked all the way there. I called and said "Hey it is the Sisters!" She said "I already knew it was you when heard the phone ring! You can come over right now! Beijo! Tchau!" and then hung up. So we went right over. We taught her more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and she accepted the baptismal challenge! She said she would pray again but that she already knew and felt that the things we were saying are true! 

I saw Ether 12:27 in a new light this week that I had never thought of before. 
  27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

One of my favorite parts isn't that weak things can become strong, but it is that "if men come unto me." If we are realizing how many weaknesses we have it means that we are closer to our Heavenly Father and trying to rely and come unto Him. If we think we are completely okay and that we don't have anything we really need to change it means that we are farther from our Heavenly Father. We are always going to have weaknesses and we have weaknesses because it gives us the opportunity to truly come unto Christ and rely 100% on Him and His Atonement. AND through Christ and His Atonement he can turn our weaknesses into strengths. 

I love you all! Thanks for the emails and support! :)
Have a wonderful week! 
-Sister Hancock


No comments:

Post a Comment