Thursday, December 1, 2016

November 21, 2016

The weather is LOCO! One day it was chilly when we left the house and then it was super, super hot an hour later. Then it was really windy! And about 10 minutes later it poured! Then it was really cold, hot, cold again, rained again and then really cold. All in one day. 

Some quotes and experiences from this week with some of our investigators. 
-We asked one of our investigators if he had prayed about our message and he said he had gotten home at around midnight. He prayed and said "When I prayed I felt a peace that I had never felt before. All I wanted was to keep that feeling forever."

-"I made a decision to change my life. God has put this gospel into my life and I need to follow it."

-"Wow, before you even asked me if I would pray, I already had the desire to pray and know if this is true. The story of Joseph is so beautiful and I felt such a peace and joy when you shared it."

-"I already know this is the right path for me. I didn't know this was what I needed. I felt that I was missing something in my life and now I know what it was. I will do anything I need to in order to follow this path and help my kids follow it too."

I am seeing miracles everyday how the Gospel of Jesus Christ is helping people change. Through faith, repentance, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost we can be changed. I know this Gospel is true and through the Gospel our lives can change and we can become better. 

Mosiah 24:15
All of us have to face challenges. Jesus Christ suffered, sacrificed and atoned for each one of us. He can understand exactly what we are going through and how to help us because He has already suffered for us and has felt everything. The Book of Mormon can give us the confidence and assurance of His power to comfort us. We need to have faith in His power that can give us patience to face our challenges. When we wait and pray with patience, Jesus Christ will give us the strength we need. 

I love you all! 
-Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment