Friday, August 12, 2016

August 5, 2016

Note from Emily's Mom - Emily arrived safely in Curitiba on Tuesday. It is her birthday on Sunday (Aug 14th). She would love a short email from you. :)   emily.hancock@myldsmail.net
 
 Sister Hancock in front of Curitiba Temple with President (Mission President) and Sister Hart
 
 
``I knew the Brazilians talked quickly but I didn't know they talked at the same time!´´ 
One day my teachers were talking to each other and then they just both started talking really quickly at the same time and we were all like... oh no... is this how it is going to be in the field?!

I leave on Tuesday morning to go to Curitiba! I am super excited and slightly nervous. But mostly excited! 

Random things that happened this past week:
-We were teaching Andre and I was trying to say we renew our baptismal covenants and I said ``nos renewo... nossa convenios.`` Andre just laughed and said ``renovar...´´ to help me out a little. A lot of random things like that happen all the time! BUT I am learning :)

-A lot of times I have no idea what I am going to say but I just open my mouth and start talking and it is sometimes a miracle that my ``investigators´´ can understand me!´´

-I did not use a headset in the devotional this week and I was able to understand what the people were saying! IN PORTUGUESE! 

-It is my favorite thing ever when we get to go outside (FORA) and study!

-They had cereal the other day for breakfast and it made me so happy! (I really miss my marshmallow mateys)

-An Elder was asking my teacher how to say `centaur´ and she was like... ``just like that.. `sentar` (to sit)... we all laughed and then he drew in on the board and she was like ``OH centaura``

-An Elder in my district will remember Abacaxi (Pineapple), because it sounds like ``a bag of sheep´´ 

-When we were talking to our investigator about how he felt about his Baptism he said ``It was wonderful, I just felt so happy and I never in a million years saw myself doing any of these things and changing my life for the better.`` It was awesome, I can´t wait until real investigators are saying this! The Gospel of Jesus Christ gives us the help we need to become stronger, face our challenges and change for the better. 

Faith in Jesus Christ can lead you through every challenge in life. We can literally do anything with the help of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Faith is taking a step in the dark and believing that you will be guided. Through the power of Jesus Christ we can change and become better. ``we must be firmly attached to him, believe on His name, come unto Him and be transformed!``

I love you ALL! 

-Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment