Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 6, 2017

Normally when you think of Carnival in Brazil you think of huge parties and lots of crazy things! But here in Pinhais it means that literally everyone will leave the town and you don't find anyone in their houses, and there will be nobody in the streets and nobody at church. From about Friday-Wednesday it was really challenging to find people in their homes! But it was still a great week! 

On Monday night we had family home evening with a family that we are teaching. They are such an incredible family! After the message we made cookies!!! They also had a dog who had 10 puppies!!! 





My last companion, Sister Muniz got her Visa about a month ago to go to her actual mission in FLORIDA FORT LAUDERDALE!!! I got to say goodbye to her on Tuesday morning at a meeting and then she flew to Florida that afternoon! 

We found a lot of great people to teach this week and we had a few super great lessons! 

One day this week we knocked on a door and a guy answered. Then a little puppy that was inside the gate walked up to my foot. I bent down and picked it up and then was like "Hi we are missionaries! Can we share a message?" (Holding the puppy...) He and his wife invited us in and we shared the incredible message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Another day we knocked on a door of an potential investigator that we had been trying to get a hold of. His mom came out and then ended up letting us in. She kept saying "Wow you are angels! You guys came here to help us?! How wonderful! How incredible!!!" 

We said a prayer and shared a short message.
I shared the scripture Matthew 11:28-30 
 28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
She has been going through some challenges and she told us that us being there had made her feel a little lighter. I could feel the spirit so strongly and a portion of the great love that Heavenly Father has for this woman. 
I testify that through Christ our burdens can be made lighter. I know that he loves each and everyone of you so much. Trust HIM! Don´t give up!!! If you are going through a difficult time in your life trust in Heavenly Father because he knows what he is doing. He gives us difficulties and weaknesses so that we will be able to come unto him and humble ourselves. I know that Christ lives and that he is always waiting with his arm outstretched to help lift us up when we are down. 


I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!!! 

-Sister Hancock 


No comments:

Post a Comment